Photos and updates from our 147th Convention are now available.
Bishop Search: Now Accepting Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the Episcopal Diocese of Central New York. We are currently in the midst of the Search for our Eleventh Bishop. Whether you’re discerning a call to episcopal ministry in this part of the world, or whether you’re just interested in what we have to say about being the Episcopal Church in Central New York, we invite you to read our Diocesan Profile.
You may download a copy or visit the Bishop Search and Transition website for more information about our search process, including educational materials for young people.
If you would like to nominate a priest or bishop to candidacy, please use our secure online nomination form. We are united in our pledge to prayerfully consider all candidates God sends to us, regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression or disability.
O God, our strength and comforter, as we seek a new Bishop, you set before this our Diocese of Central New York opportunities and challenges and you give us a variety of gifts with which to meet them: Open our eyes to see your will for the ordering of our common life as we seek a Bishop; grant us patience and listening hearts; fill us with your peace; and lead us together as one people that we may welcome a shepherd who will love, lead and guide us toward the fulfillment of your Kingdom, on earth as in heaven. We especially pray for the Standing Committee, the Diocesan Staff, the Search Committee and the Transition Committee as they go about their work. And we pray for Bishop Skip and Bonnie as they move into the next chapter of their lives. All this we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord, this day and every day. Amen.
For More Information:
Bishop Search Website
Bishop Search Facebook Page
Bishop Search on Twitter: #CNYBishopSearch
Bishop Search Timeline
Frequently Asked Questions
Members of the Diocesan Bishop Transition Committee:
- Ms. Ernestine Patterson, Co-Chair of the Transition Committee, Grace Church, Syracuse
- The Very Rev. Richard Schaal, Co-Chair of the Transition Committee, St. John's, Speedsville
- Mr. Arthur Durando, Grace Church, Utica
- Ms. Carol Forrester, Zion, Pierrepont Manor
- The Rev. Elizabeth Gillett, St. Thomas, Hamilton
- The Rev. Deacon Barbara Groves, Grace Church, Utica
- The Rev. Steven Moore, St. John's, Marcellus
- Ms. Deborah Shigley, Grace and Holy Spirit, Cortland
- The Rev. A. Nick Smith, St. John's, Oneida
- Mr. Thomas J. Williams, Trinity, Watertown
- Ms. Susan Wilson, Grace and Holy Spirit, Cortland
Members of the Diocesan Bishop Search Committee:
- The Very Rev. Carrie Schofield-Broadbent, Chair of the Search Committee, St. Matthew's, Liverpool
- Ms. Cynthia Adamowsky, St. Matthew's, Liverpool
- Ms. Kristen Blum, St. James, Skaneateles
- Dr. Bambi Carkey, St. Luke's, Camillus
- Mr. Doug Mouncey, St. Paul's Cathedral, Downtown Syracuse
- Mr. Jim Hughes, Christ Church, Manlius
- Mr. David Cordone, All Saints', Fulton
- The Rev. Wanda Copeland, St. Matthew's, Horseheads
- The Rev. Dcn. Kay Drebert, Trinity Memorial, Binghamton
- The Rev. David Hanselman, St. Ann's, Afton; St. Paul's, Oxford; Zion, Greene
- The Rev. Jeanne Hansknecht, St. Peter's, Cazenovia
- The Rev. Johanna Marcure, Grace Church, Syracuse
- The Rev. Adrian Amaya, St. Mark the Evangelist, Syracuse